Tuesday, August 21, 2012

takes a little work

Reviews: Fiskars 7861 Axe and Knife Sharpener

You use a back and forth motion to sharpen the hatchet or ax, not a pull through.

I used a very dull hatchet that's used to split kindling wood, mainly 2x4 pieces.

It takes a lot, I mean, a lot of back and forth pulls but, you know what, my little hatchet started to develop an edge and was getting sharp.

I'll get back to it when I need to split more kindling and run the hatchet through a couple of dozen more times.

The more you run your az et al through the sharpener, the more it works for you. No need to worry about shaving off too much metal from a hatchet.

I would not use this sharpened for my kitchen knives, though. But I would use it for a cheap camping or outdoor knife that would get sharp with a crude edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment