Sunday, August 19, 2012

Handy, light-weight sharpener for splitter and axe

Reviews: Fiskars 7861 Axe and Knife Sharpener

I ordered this along with the Fiskars Axe Splitter. After and hour of splitting, I gave the head a few passes back and forth. I got a razor sharp edge on the Axe Splitter, and accidentally cut my knuckle brush brushing up against the edge. It's handy and light. You can put it in a jacket or sweatshirt pocket.
I like the rotating, two wheel construction rather than the "V" bars, on some sharpeners. I have other sharpeners for finer, folding knives and kitchen cutlery, so I save this tool, exclusively for the Axe Splitter.
My only wish, is that the designers might have made the plastic feet on the bottom of the sharpener, a bit larger or even rubber, as it does not grip well on some types of counters. Find the best surface that works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment