Friday, August 17, 2012

Totally Awesome!!

Reviews: FISKARS 40127097 RollSharp Knife Sharpener

I tried the Fiskars axe sharpener on my axes and it worked so well, I decided to try the knife sharpener, too. I wasn't disappointed! I've had a Marttiini knife for 15 years that I've used for everything from whittling to slicing tomatoes, and I'd never sharpened it in all that time because it was still sharper than most -- then I swiped it through the Fiskars knife sharpener ten, twenty times, and now it's razor sharp! I have yet to see how long the super-sharp edge lasts, but I expect it to last a lot of cutting, since the axes I sharpened with the Fiskars axe sharpener stayed razor sharp after a full day of chopping!

My only gripe is that I can't get the entire knife blade into the sharpener -- about a half of an inch by the hilt won't reach the stones, because the hilt gets in the way. But I guess that part of the blade isn't used nearly as often anyway.

I then had to use this sharpener on all my knives, and most of them are now sharper than they were new. The sharpener is dish-washer safe and, though it doesn't say so on the product page, it has a lifetime warranty. I'll never use a dull knife again!

No comments:

Post a Comment